Mothers Day 2016
BUDGET CLUB RED MOTHERS DAY COMPETITON - RULES
1. This Competition is organised by Budget Rent-a-Car South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Budget Rent-a-Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available for downloading in printed form on the ClubRed website, www.clubred.co.za from Monday 25 April 2016.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The competition commences on Monday 24 April 2016 and concludes on Friday 13 May 2016.
6. To be entered into the competition, participants need to be a ClubRed member with a valid ClubRed number.
7. Participants are required to submit their motivation of why their mother or the person in their life who they consider their mother, is a true inspiration to them. The motivation should not be longer than 250 words and must be emailed to email@example.com
8. All entries submitted will be considered for the final prize. The winner will be selected by the General Manager of Marketing for Avis Budget southern Africa.
9. There is one prize in the competition. The prize is a pearl range choice experience gift voucher from EGOS, which will entitle the winner to select from a range a experiences, an experience for 2 people.
10. The voucher is open-dated and provide for the winner to select the dates of their choice from a selection of experiences. The voucher is valid for 12 (twelve) consecutive calendar months from the date of issue. All gift experiences offered are subject to availability and it is recommended that bookings are made at least 30 (thirty) days in advance and even further in advance for peak days such as weekends and holidays.
11. Should the winner misplace the voucher or it is stolen or damaged, EGOS may, in its sole discretion and subject to submission of satisfactory proof (e.g. an affidavit), replace the voucher on receipt of an administration fee of R100, which will be for the winner’s cost. Neither the Promoter nor EGOS can be held liable for the cancellation or postponement of any experience for reasons beyond their control, including but not limited to weather, mechanical failure, acts of God, etc. In the event of cancellation or postponement of an event for any reason beyond the Promoter’s or EGOS’ control, every endeavor will be made to offer the winner an alternative date / time or experience.
12. Exchanging an open-dated experience for an alternative experience is permissible. The winner will liable for the difference in cost where the new alternative experience exceeds the face-value. Similarly, if the cost of the new alternative is less than the face-value, the balance will be reflected as a credit to use against any future EGOS experience. The credit is valid for 12 (twelve) months of the expiry of the original Experience Gift Voucher and will not be refunded or extended thereafter. Changing a booked date amounts to cancellation and may incur cancellation charges if having to re-book, the cost of which will be bourne by the winner.
13. Venues and service providers differ from experience to experience, each with their own terms and conditions, and the winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions. Each experience may carry some restriction and these may vary from supplier to supplier. Restrictions (e.g. age, health, weight, height, etc.) will be clearly detailed with each experience confirmation and it is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that he / she complies entirely.
14. The winner will be announced on the ClubRed website on Friday 20 May 2016 by 14h00.
15. The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identify and thereby consents to the processing of his / her personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
16. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
17. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies and subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
18. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person within 24 hours of drawing his / her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
19. Following successful notification, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation via email indicating the details for redeeming the prize.
20. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
21. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
22. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.