Terms and Conditions
BUDGET RENT A CAR #GREATWEEKENDSACOMPETITION
1. This Competition is organised by Budget Rent-a-Car South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Budget (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. To participate in the Competition, participants must be a fan or follower of Budget Rent a Car on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Participants are required to take a photograph based on the bi-weekly theme that is posted on Budget Rent a Car’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and post the photograph on either of the social media platforms mentioned above with the hashtag #GreatWeekendSA. The photograph that depicts the most inspiring imagery per theme will be deemed as the winner for that respective theme. The winner will be chosen by a panel of representatives by the promoter. The draw and announcement for each bi-weekly prize will take place on the following dates:
18 April 2018
2 May 2018
16 May 2018
30 May 2018
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 2 April 2018 at 00h00 SATS and ends on 31 May 2018 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 2 May 2018 00h00 SAST until 31 May 2018 23h59 SAST on the Promoter’s website at www.budget.co.za.
7. There are 4 (four) bi-weekly prizes to be won in total, as well as 1 (one) grand prize. Each biweekly prize consists of a Canon SX540 HS Powershot Camera Black in colour with a 12 month warranty. The grand prize consists of an Experience Gift Voucher valued at R 10,000 redeemable through EGOS. The voucher is open-dated and provide for the winner to select the dates of their choice from a selection of experiences up to a maximum face-value of R 10,000. The voucher can be used to cover the cost of any applicable transport and / or travel arrangements, as well as accommodation, meals, drinks, activities and any other ancillary expenses not specifically covered by the experience. Should these costs exceed the face-value, the winner will be liable for the difference. If the chosen experience is less than the face-value, the balance will be reflected as a credit to use against any future EGOS experience. The credit will be valid for 12 (twelve) months from the date of issue.
8. The grand prize vouchers is valid for 12 (twelve) consecutive calendar months from the date of issue. All gift experiences offered are subject to availability and it is recommended that bookings are made at least 30 (thirty) days in advance and even further in advance for peak days such as weekends and holidays.
9. Should the winner misplace the voucher or it is stolen or damaged, EGOS may, in its sole discretion and subject to submission of satisfactory proof (e.g. an affidavit), replace the voucher on receipt of an administration fee of R100, which will be for the winner’s cost. Neither the Promoter nor EGOS can be held liable for the cancellation or postponement of any experience for reasons beyond their control, including but not limited to weather, mechanical failure, acts of God, etc. In the event of cancellation or postponement of an event for any reason beyond the Promoter’s or EGOS’ control, every endeavor will be made to offer the winner an alternative date / time or experience.
10. Exchanging an open-dated experience for an alternative experience is permissible. The winner will liable for the difference in cost where the new alternative experience exceeds the face-value. Similarly, if the cost of the new alternative is less than the face-value, the balance will be reflected as a credit to use against any future EGOS experience. The credit is valid for 12 (twelve) months of the expiry of the original Experience Gift Voucher and will not be refunded or extended thereafter. Changing a booked date amounts to cancellation and may incur cancellation charges if having to re-book, the cost of which will be borne by the winner.
11. Venues and service providers differ from experience to experience, each with their own terms and conditions, and the winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions. Each experience may carry some restriction and these may vary from supplier to supplier. Restrictions (e.g. age, health, weight, height, etc.) will be clearly detailed with each experience confirmation and it is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that he / she complies entirely.
12. The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website at www.budget.co.za and various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Such announcements shall commence from 18 April 2018 to 31 May 2018 (both days inclusive)
13. All entries received from all themes during the promotional period will be entered into the grand prize draw. The winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 25 May 2018.
14. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in 12 above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meets the specified participation requirements.
15. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of his/her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his/her identity and thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
16. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
17. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies and subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
18. The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner within 14 working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach a winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
19. Following successful notification, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation outlining the process for redeeming the prize.
20. The prize is not transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
21. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
22. Promotional materials, where applicable, form part of the Competition rules.
23. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.