Customer advice regarding Coronavirus
Last Updated: 26/03/2020
With the news dominated by Coronavirus, we want to let you know that we are vigilantly implementing enhanced protocols to ensure your safety. The safety of you our customers and our staff is of paramount importance to us, and we are closely monitoring the news, information, advice and guidance from the World Health Organisation regarding the spread of the Coronavirus.
In light of the announcement by President Cyril Ramaphosa and the National Coronavirus Command Council to enforce a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days with effect from midnight tonight, Budget Southern Africa, has heeded to the call and will be temporarily closing our offices as of today, 17h00, with all our eligible office-based employees working remotely from home until our offices reopen on 17 April 2020.
Most of our operations will be impacted, however we outline below how we will support our customers during the lockdown period.
- The following four locations; Isando (JHB) , Cape Town Down Town, Port Elizabeth Airport (this location will be supported by the off airport facility) and Durban Down Town, will be operating during the lockdown. We will be working with a skeleton team.
- The following down town locations will be on standby to assist in emergency situations or for essential services requirements ; Pretoria, East London, Bloemfontein, Polokwane and Nelspruit. Marlboro and George locations will also be on standby. Reservations requests or modifications of reservations for these locations need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other locations will be closed during the lockdown period.
- Budget will not be conducting any delivery and collections during the lockdown period.
- Our reservations and customer care call centre will be operational via email only. The email address to be contacted should you require to make a reservation, extend, cancel or amend a rental is email@example.com and all queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Roadside and Emergency call line will be operational 24/7 during the lockdown period. On the following numbers 0800 001 669 or 011 387 8432. We will be doing everything in our power to assist customers but restrictions on movement may cause delays and we ask customers for their patience.
- Customers should return vehicles they have on rent to the nearest Budget location by 26 March 2020 should they not require an extension during the lockdown period. Email email@example.com for assistance.
- Vehicles not returned by 26 March 2020 will be deemed to be extended until 16 April 2020 unless the actual return date of the vehicle is after that date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Budget be providing services to all customers or only those deemed as essential services?
We will partner with all our customers in the case of an emergency or those who are required to provide critical services such as the transportation of food products, fuel, sercurity and healthcare services.
Is there specific documentation required by persons collecting a vehicle during the lockdown period?
No specific document is required by Budget however customers will require the necessary lockdown permits to travel issued by government during this time.
Additional precautions to help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus
We are closely monitoring the information shared by the World Health Organization and the National Health Department concerning advice on how to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
In order to slow down the spread of the virus, we are taking the following actions:
We have enhanced our already robust cleaning techniques of our vehicles after each rental and in particular, we are paying special attention to places that people touch such as door handles, steering wheels, controls and other hard surfaces by cleaning these with alcohol based sanitizer.
We are cleaning all our facilities frequently with recommended sanitizing products. This includes work surfaces, telephone handsets, computer keyboards, laptops, tablets, cell phones and frequently handled equipment. We have placed hand sanitisers at key points in all of our sites to encourage customers, suppliers, visitors and employees to constantly clean their hands. Further to this surgical face masks and hand gloves have been provided to most of our sites and can be used by customers and employees, if they so choose.
Welfare of our Employees
We are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees and this includes instructing all employees who feel ill to stay at home and consult their healthcare providers. All our staff are being informed to be vigilant about frequent hand washing. We strongly advise against direct personal contact such as handshakes and hugging as this could also transmit the infection.
We will be waiving cancellation fees for any bookings at any time that need to be cancelled as a result of a government Coronavirus related travel ban. If you have an existing booking, we look forward to seeing you and want to reassure you that we are doing everything we can to promote a safe and secure rental experience for you.
For any customers who have booked through a travel agent, tour operator or a third-party broker please contact them directly for further guidance should your travel be disrupted.
In order to enable you to book with confidence we have increased the flexibility on all future bookings by enabling you to change or cancel without fees for rentals due to start before 1 May 2020. For bookings which start after this time there will not be any penalties for changes made up to 72 hours before the start of your rental.
We advise all our customers to keep updated on the latest developments from the World Health Organisation and the National Health Department has set up a hotline (0800 0299 99) to respond to all COVID-19 related enquiries, including where you can get tested in your local area.
During this challenging time, many people are choosing different ways to travel. If you need a rental vehicle or chauffeur driven services, we are here for you. Your safety is our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust you place in our team and our company.