Terms and Conditions
BUDGET #GREATWEEKENDSA COMPETITION RULES
1. This Competition is organised by Budget Rent-a-Car South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Budget Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 2 November 2017 until 30 November 2017 on the Promoter’s website at www.budget.co.za.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 1 November 2017 and ends on 30 November 2017 (both days inclusive).
6. There is 1 (one) prize to be won in total consisting of the winner’s choice of their ultimate weekend, to the value of R5000 together with 3 day car rental from Budget in a Group B vehicle as well as R2000 in spending money. The prize is valid for 12 consecutive calendar months and is redeemable through Budget Rent a Car. The winner is able to select the dates of their choice within a 12 month period from the date the winner receives the confirmation prize letter. All service providers will be determined by Budget Rent a Car and communicated to the winner. .
7. The prize is subject to availability and it is recommended that bookings are made at least 30 (thirty) days in advance.
8. The prize winner must hold a valid credit card to be used for additional items as well as a valid driver’s license.
9. The winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website at www.budget.co.za and various social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter. Such announcements shall commence on the 6th of December 2017.
10. To participate in the Competition, participants must share an image of their ultimate local great weekend on a budget of only R2000 on either Facebook or Twitter as well as use three words to describe it.
11. The winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place on the 4th of December 2017. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prizes will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meet the specified participation requirements. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identify and thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
12. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
13. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies and subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
14. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person within 7 working days from draw date for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
15. Following successful notification, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation outlining the process for redeeming the prize.
16. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
17. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.