BUDGET MANGO AIRLINES LAUNCH COMPETITION
1. This Competition is organised by Rent-a-Car Division Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Budget Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 1 August 2018 until 30 September 2018 on the Promoter’s website at www.budget.co.za.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 1 August 2018 and ends 30 September 2018 (both days inclusive).
6. There are 8 (eight) prizes to be won in total each consisting of a R2500 MasterCard Cash Card, which is valid for 3 (three) years. Each cash card can be used at any retail outlet that accepts MasterCard . The card is not pin protected and cannot be used to draw cash or gamble. The then current MasterCard rules and terms and conditions shall apply and must be adhered to. The MasterCard rules can be viewed at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/about-mastercard/what-we-do/rules.html
7. Should the winner misplace the card, or it is stolen or damaged, the card can be stopped and the remaining balance on the card transferred onto a new card. Recipients can check their remaining balance at any time by logging onto www.whatsonmycard.com or by phoning MasterCard on the number on the back of the card.
8. The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website at www.budget.co.za and various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Such announcements shall commence from 10 August 2018 to 5 October 2018 (both days inclusive).
9. To qualify to win a R2500 cash card, participants must make a reservation for a Budget rental vehicle for collection on 10 August 2018, 17 August 2018, 24 August 2018, 31 August 2018, 7 September 2018, 14 September 2018, 21 September 2018 and 28 September 2018 at Cape Town International Airport, King Shaka International Airport, O.R. Tambo International Airport or Port Elizabeth International Airport. To qualify for entry, participants must make the reservation for the vehicle on or before 12h00 SAST on 8 August 2018, 16 August 2018, 23 August 2018, 30 August 2018, 6 September 2018, 13 September 2018, 20 September 2018 and 27 September 2018. Multiple entries are permitted and every collection qualifies as 1 (one) entry into the relevant draw as per the dates specified in paragraph 5 and further specified in 12 below subject to the aforementioned participation requirements being met. Participants are eligible to win more than once for the duration of the competition.
10. A weekly draw for the duration of the promotional period will be conducted whereby one winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter.
11. Each weekly draw will take place on the following dates:
• 10 August 2018 (Entries from 1 August – 8 August)
• 17 August 2018 (Entries from 9 August – 15 August)
• 24 August 2018 (Entries from 16 August – 22 August)
• 31 August 2018 (Entries from 23 August – 29 August)
• 7 September 2018 (Entries from 30 August – 5 September)
• 14 September 2018 (Entries from 6 September – 12 September)
• 21 September 2018 (Entries from 13 September – 19 September)
• 28 October 2018. (Entries from 20 September – 28 September)
12. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in 9 above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prizes will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meet the specified participation requirements. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity and thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
13. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter,, supplier of goods and services, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter, supplier of goods and services or marketing service provider of this Competition. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Competition Rules, and unless otherwise prescribed by law, the maximum cumulative liability of the parties indemnified in terms of this clause shall never exceed the value of the applicable prize, and shall be limited accordingly.
15. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person within 5 working days from date of the respective draw and announcement for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
16. Following successful notification, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation outlining the process for redeeming the prize.
17. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
18. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.