UP! YOUR SUMMER COMPETITION
1. This Competition is organised by Budget Rent-a-Car South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Budget Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 1 February 2017 until 28 February 2017 on the Promoter’s website at www.budget.co.za.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 1 February 2017 and ends on 28 February 2017 (both days inclusive).
6. There are 4 (four) prizes to be won in total consisting of 4 (four) weekend car rental from Budget Rent a Car, which can be purchased by the respective winners for R10.00 per day.
7. Entry into the competition must be done through the Budget Facebook (@BudgetRentaCarSA) and Twitter pages (@BudgetCarHireSA) via the online entry form.
• Entries submitted from 1 – 5 February 2017 will go into a draw where one winner will be selected to win their rental for R10 per day for 9 – 12 February 2017.
• Entries submitted from 6 – 10 February 2017 will go into a draw where one winner will be selected to win their rental for R10 per day for 16 – 19 February 2017.
• Entries submitted from 13 – 17 February 2017 will go into a draw where one winner will be selected to win their rental for R10 per day for 23 - 26 February 2017.
• Entries submitted from 20 – 24 February 2017 will go into a draw where one winner will be selected to win their rental for R10 per day for 2 – 5 March 2017.
8. Each prize is valid for the specified dates in 7 above only and cannot be swopped for alternative dates.
9. The winner of each of the above prizes will be given the choice of pick up location from either OR Tambo International Airport, King Shaka International Airport or Cape Town International Airport.
10. The prize includes time, mileage and waivers and 200kms per day. Additional kilometres travelled will be charged at R2.93 per kilometre. The Winner must be over 18 years of age and be in possession of a valid driver’s licence. Each winner must have a valid credit card which must be presented at time of collection of the vehicle for any additional service charges that may be incurred. This includes the responsibility amount in the event of an accident or the vehicle being stolen. The rental excludes the contract fee, fuel and any other additional charges that may be applicable. A deposit of R5000 applies to all weekend rentals.
And no additional drivers will be permitted on weekend rentals countrywide.
11. The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter. Such announcement shall happen as follows:
• Entries submitted from 1 – 5 February 2017 – Winner to be announced on 7 February
• Entries submitted from 6 – 10 February 2017 – Winner to be announced on 12 February 2017
• Entries submitted from 13 – 17 February 2017 – Winner to be announced on 15 February 2017
• Entries submitted from 20 – 24 February 2017 – Winner to be announced on 22 February 2017
12. Each draw as specified in 11 above will be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in 7 above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the person who engages with the Budget Rent a Car brand the most on social media during the promotional period.
13. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity and thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
14. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
15. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies and subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
16. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person within 24 hours for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
17. Following successful notification, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation outlining the process for redeeming the prize.
18. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
19. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
20. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.