R95 per day!
Rates are inclusive of VAT.
Avis GPS rental is subject to a liability amount of R1685 payable by the hirer should the unit be lost, stolen or damaged. A fee of R285.00 per accessory will be charged for stolen, lost or damaged accessories.
Clients may reserve Avis GPS units online or alternatively contact email@example.com or call them on 0861 021 111 for further enquiries. The advance reservation procedure ensures that customers’ rentals are processed quickly at the checkout point.
Key Avis GPS Renter Responsibilities
- When collecting the GPS unit at the Avis station, the GPS Renter should check that all accessories (i.e: a GPS unit, a charger, a cradle and suction cup) are in the Avis GPS bag.
- The GPS unit should be switched on at the rental counter to ensure the unit has power and is ready for use (note: some environments may experience poor, or loss of signal due to the nature of the building). The GPS unit will be assumed to be in good working order unless otherwise advised by the GPS Renter while on the premises of the Avis GPS collection branch.
- In the event that a GPS unit has been stolen during the rental period or damaged beyond economical repair, the GPS Renter will be responsible for the specified GPS Rental liability amount.
- A copy of the Avis Damage Report Form (enclosed in the Avis Rent A Car Rental Agreement) must be completed on return to record the loss/damage.
- The GPS Renter is fully responsible for the return of the GPS unit to an Avis branch.
- It is recommended, that when returning the Avis GPS unit at an Avis branch, it is handed to an authorized Avis representative and a pro-forma invoice requested to ensure correct billing.
- The GPS Renter is not authorized to take the GPS unit across the South African borders (except Swaziland and Lesotho) unless authorization has been recorded in the Avis Cross Border letter.
- A GPS unit cannot be issued to any car rental customer wishing to travel on a one way returning outside of South Africa (note: including Swaziland and Lesotho).
- The GPS Renter accepts the applicable legal binding conditions already signed in the Avis Rent A Car Rental Agreement.
- The GPS Renter agrees to the following charges:
- When a vehicle one way fee is being charged an additional GPS one way fee of R265 will be charged to return the GPS unit back to the original check out station.
- Loss or damage of any one of the GPS unit accessories will be charged at R285 each to a maximum of the GPS Rental liability.
What is Avis GPS?
The Global Positioning System (GPS) uses 24 satellites that circumnavigate the earth from space to pinpoint the receiver’s position on the earth’s surface. This information is coupled with mapping technology provides for auto-routing (voice directing turn-by-turn) navigation on all South African major, primary and secondary roads with mapping detail of more than 1000 South African cities, towns and rural villages. This includes all the South African Metro’s, Cities, Major and Secondary Towns and no less than 759 Rural Towns and Villages and nearly 300 000km of road data. The mapping offers unrivalled coverage and is extremely user-friendly.
Travel throughout South Africa with Avis GPS Satellite Navigation. Find your way to the best sights, places and venues.
Only R95 per day!
There’s less wasted travel time for business renters and more peace of mind for leisure travellers.
How does it work?
The Avis GPS satellite navigation system unit plugs into a vehicle’s cigarette lighter point and is operated through a touch screen mechanism. The user simply has to punch his/her destination into the unit and he/she will be guided with turn-by-turn directions on screen and voice prompts to their destinations in their choice of 17 languages: English, American English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Finnish, Polish, French Canadian, Flemish, Czech and Hungarian.
The satellite navigation system guides the user both visually and verbally to venues and places that he/she wants to go to, including:
- Food locations
- Hotels & Guest houses
- Fuel stations
- Shopping malls
- Parking garages
- Entertainment venues
- Recreation facilities
- Community facilities including ATM’s
- Transportation and Transit locations
- Auto services
In short, the user can get to anywhere he or she chooses to, without the worry of getting lost in a strange place.
Now people can drive with confidence without having to fumble for maps, hunt down street signs or stop to ask for directions. There’s less wasted travel time for business renters and more peace of mind for leisure travellers