UNLOCK THE WORLD COMPETITION
1. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 28 May 2015 until 31 August 2015 on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, including but not limited to Naries Gastehuis cc (herein after referred to as “Naries Namakwa Retreat”) and SA Airlink (Proprietary) Limited (herein after referred to as “Airlink”) (or any of their subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 1 June 2015 at 24h00 and ends at 23h59 on 31 August 2015 (both days inclusive).
6. The prize is in the Competition is a trip to the Namaqualand for the winner and five (5) guests for the ultimate dinner experience hosted by Chef Justin Bonello on 19 September 2015.
The prize includes the following:
• Return flights** from Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg (OR Tambo) to Upington, on South African Airways operated by Airlink.. The winner and his / her guests will be required to make their own way to and from the departure city – i.e. Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg (OR Tambo). The flights are subject to Airlink’s standard terms and conditions and the winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions.
Two (2) days Avis car rental*** for a Group N vehicle. The car rental includes time and mileage of 500 free kilometres per day. Additional kilometres travelled will be charged at R6.32 per kilometre. The car rental also includes super collision damage waiver and theft loss waiver, but specifically excludes the cost of the contract fee, fuel and any other additional charges that may be incurred.
The driver of the vehicle must be over 18 years of age and be in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s license. In the event of an accident, damage to or theft of the vehicle, the winner will be liable for the applicable responsibility amount. The driver of the vehicle must have a valid credit card, which must be presented at time of collection of the vehicle for the contract fee, fuel and any additional service charges that may be incurred. A refundable deposit of R5,000 is required for all weekend rentals, which will be used as security for any charges that may be levied on the winner.
If the vehicle is not returned within the stipulated time period, a car hire charge will be levied on the winner for the period in excess of the period for which the winner was entitled to use the car. The vehicle may only be driven in South Africa. No additional drivers will be permitted on weekend rentals countrywide. Weekend rentals start on Thursday midday and end on Monday midday. The car rental is subject to Avis’ standard terms and conditions and the winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions. The car rental may only be redeemed in conjunction with the prize and not separately on its own.
7. Two (2) nights’ accommodation**** at Naries Namakwa Retreat. The winner and his / her guests will be accommodated on a shared basis in one (1) x room in the Manor House (rooms sleeps two (2) guests) and one (1) x two (2) bedroom Family Cottage (rooms sleep two (2) guests each). The accommodation includes breakfast, dinner, and beverages to the value of R10,000***** for the duration of the stay including the dinner experience hosted by Chef Justin Bonello. Should the beverage value be exceeded, the winner will be liable for the difference. The accommodation is subject to all of Naries Namakwa Retreat’s standard terms and conditions and the winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions.Any other ancillary expenses not specifically included in the prize will be for the winner’s account. The winner and his / her guests will be required to make their own way to and from Naries Namakwa Retreat with the car rental provided. The winner will be not compensated for the value of the flights, accommodation and meals should the winner opt to take less than five (5) guests and / or if the full beverage value is not consumed. The prize must be redeemed between 18 September 2015 and 20 September 2015 and as such, the winner and his / her guests must be available for travel during these dates. The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za and various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube on the day of the winner being selected as per the date specified in paragraph 9.
8. As per the options specified below, there are three (3) ways in which participants can partake in the Competition.
i. Option 1 – Participants must rent and return a vehicle from any Avis Rent a Car, Avis Luxury Cars, Avis Van Rental Avis or Avis Truck Rental branch in South Africa during the promotional period as specified in paragraph 5. To qualify for entry into the Competition, participants must return the vehicle on or before the last day of the Competition, being 31 August 2015. Insurance and manufacturer or service warranty replacement vehicle rentals do not qualify for entry into the Competition.
ii. Option 2 – Participants must purchase a vehicle from any Avis Car Sales branch in South Africa during the promotional period as specified in paragraph 5. To qualify for entry into the Competition, participants must take delivery of the vehicle on or before the last day of the Competition, being 31 August 2015.
iii. Option 3 – Participants must complete a transfer from any Avis Point 2 Point or Avis Chauffeur Drive branch in South Africa during the promotional period as specified in paragraph 5.
Multiple entries are permitted and every returned vehicle rental, vehicle purchase and completed transfer qualifies as one (1) entry subject to the aforementioned participation requirements being met.
9. The winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 03 September 2015. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meet the specified participation requirements. Where the winner is from a corporate customer, it will be at the discretion of the company concerned as to how and whom they allocate the prize.
10. The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identify and thereby consent to the processing of his / her personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter will endeavor to contact the prize winner once every day for five (5) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach the winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph above 10, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details for redeeming the prize.
15. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
16. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.