2016 AVIS WINTER CAMPAIGN
1. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 1 June 2016 until 31 August 2016 on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, including Orion Hotels and Resorts (Proprietary) Limited) (herein after referred to as “Orion Hotels”) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 1 June 2016 at 24h00 SAST and ends on 31 August 2016 at 23h59 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. There are 10 (ten) prizes to be won in total, each consisting of a weekend away for 2 (two) nights at a hotel from the Orion Hotels portfolio in South Africa for each of the winners and a partner of their choice, including return flights, if required, and Avis car rental for the duration of the stay.
Each winner will receive the following:
• Accommodation for 2 (two) people at a hotel of the winner’s choice to be selected from a list of hotels from the Orion Hotels portfolio in South Africa. The accommodation is for 2 (two) nights over a weekend (Friday night and Saturday night) on a shared basis. The accommodation includes breakfast and dinner, but excludes any other additional charges not specifically included in the prize, as well as any additional nights over and above the prize inclusion, which will be at the winner’s own expense.
The accommodation is subject to availability and may not be redeemed during peak periods, including long weekends and school holidays. The Promoter and Orion Hotels do not accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to book his / her preferred dates. The prize is subject to Orion Hotels’ standard terms and conditions. Orion Hotels’ standard terms and conditions will apply if booking amendments and / or cancellations are required after the reservation has been made. The Promoter and Orion Hotels shall not be responsible for any charges incurred where such changes are made. The winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions.
• Economy class return flights for 2 (two) people from Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg (OR Tambo) to the nearest destination city of the selected hotel. The prize includes airport taxes and booking fees. If the winner and / or his / her partner is traveling out of another city in South Africa, the cost to travel to and from the departure city (i.e. Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg (OR Tambo)) will be will be at the winner’s own expense. The carrier airline is not negotiable and accordingly, the winner will not have discretion over the carrier airline used. No change, credit or cash will be awarded in lieu of the flights where a winner and / or his / her partner does not require flights.
The flights are subject to availability and may not be redeemed during peak periods, including long weekends and school holidays. The Promoter and the relevant carrier airline do not accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to book his / her preferred flights. The flights are subject to the relevant carrier airline’s standard terms and conditions. The relevant carrier airline’s standard terms and conditions will apply if booking amendments and / or cancellations are required after the reservation has been made. The Promoter and the relevant carrier airline shall not be responsible for any charges incurred where such changes are made. The winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions.
• 2 (Two) days Avis car rental for a Group B vehicle. The car rental includes time and mileage of 200 free kilometres per day. Additional kilometres travelled will be charged at R6.32 per kilometre. The car rental also includes super collision damage waiver and super theft loss waiver, as well as 1 (one) tank of fuel, but specifically excludes the cost of the contract fee, additional fuel and any other additional service charges that may be applicable. If the vehicle is not returned within the stipulated time period, a car hire charge will be levied on the winner for the period in excess of the period for which the winner was entitled to use the car.
The driver of the vehicle must be over 18 years of age and be in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s license. In the event of an accident, damage to or theft of the vehicle, the winner will be liable for the applicable responsibility amount. The driver of the vehicle must have a valid credit card, which must be presented at the time of collection of the vehicle for the contract fee, fuel and any additional service charges that may be incurred, as well as the responsibility amount, where applicable. A refundable deposit of R5,000 is required for all weekend rentals, which will be used as security for any charges that may be levied on the winner.
The vehicle may only be driven in South Africa. No additional drivers will be permitted on weekend rentals countrywide. Weekend rentals start on Thursday midday and end on Monday midday. The car rental is subject to availability and may not be redeemed during peak periods, including long weekends and school holidays. Avis does not accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to book his / her preferred dates. The car rental is subject to Avis’ standard terms and conditions. The winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions.
The winners and their partners will be required to make their own way to and from the selected hotel with the car rental provided. The accommodation, flights and car rental must be redeemed as a package and may not be redeemed separately on their own. Any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited and no change, credit or cash will be awarded in lieu of any unused portion of the prize. The prize may only be redeemed from 19 September 2016 to 19 March 2017 and as such, the winners and their partners must be available for travel during these dates.
The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za, as well as the Promoter’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Such announcements will be made on 15 September 2016.
8. As per the options specified below, there are three (3) ways in which participants can partake in the Competition.
i. Option 1 – Participants must make a reservation for an Avis vehicle from any Avis Rent a Car, Avis Luxury Cars, Avis Van Rental or Avis Truck Rental branch in South Africa for collection and return between 1 June 2016 and 31 August 2016. To qualify for entry into the Competition, participants must return the vehicle on or before the last day of the Competition, being 31 August 2016. Insurance and manufacturer or service warranty replacement vehicle rentals do not qualify for entry into the Competition.
ii. Option 2 – Participants must purchase a vehicle from any Avis Car Sales branch in South Africa between 1 June 2016 and 31 August 2016. To qualify for entry into the Competition, participants must take delivery of the vehicle on or before the last day of the Competition, being 31 August 2016.
iii. Option 3 – Participants must complete a vehicle transfer from any Avis Point 2 Point or Avis Chauffeur Drive branch in South Africa between 1 June 2016 and 31 August 2016.
Multiple entries are permitted and every returned vehicle rental, vehicle purchase and completed vehicle transfer qualifies as 1 (one) entry subject to the aforementioned participation requirements being met.
9. The winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 15 September 2016. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prizes will be awarded to the first entries drawn that meet the specified participation requirements. Where the winner is from a corporate customer, it will be at the discretion of the company concerned to decide how and to whom they allocate the prize.
10. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winners, as the case may be thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter, the relevant carrier airline, Orion Hotels or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach the winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and process for redeeming the prize.
15. The prize is strictly not transferable and may only be awarded to the persons named as the winners. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter, Orion Hotels and the relevant carrier airline are not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable
16. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
17. The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.