1. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 27 August 2016 until 4 September 2016 on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za and www.theproshop.co.za
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 27 August 2016 at 09:00 SAST and ends on 4 September 2016 at 13:00 SAST (both days inclusive).
6. There is 1 (one) prize to be won, consisting of a weekend away for 2 (two) nights for the winner and a partner of their choice at a Thornybush Luxury Game Lodge Collection.
Each winner will receive the following:
• Accommodation for 2 (two) people. The accommodation is for 2 (two) nights over a weekend (Friday night and Saturday night) on a shared basis. The prize is worth R18000.00 and includes all meals and dawn and dusk Game drives
The accommodation is subject to availability and may not be redeemed during peak periods, including long weekends and school holidays. The Promoter and the selected hotel do not accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to book his / her preferred dates. The prize is subject to the selected hotel’s standard terms and conditions. The selected hotel’s standard terms and conditions will apply if booking amendments and / or cancellations are required after the reservation has been made. The Promoter and the selected hotel shall not be responsible for any charges incurred where such changes are made. The winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions.
• 2 (Two) days Avis car rental for a Group B vehicle. The car rental includes time and mileage of 200 free kilometres per day. Additional kilometres travelled will be charged at R6.32 per kilometre. The car rental also includes super collision damage waiver and super theft loss waiver, as well as 1 (one) tank of fuel, but specifically excludes the cost of the contract fee, additional fuel and any other additional service charges that may be applicable. If the vehicle is not returned within the stipulated time period, a car hire charge will be levied on the winner for the period in excess of the period for which the winner was entitled to use the car.
The driver of the vehicle must be over 18 years of age and be in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s license. In the event of an accident, damage to or theft of the vehicle, the winner will be liable for the applicable responsibility amount. The driver of the vehicle must have a valid credit card, which must be presented at the time of collection of the vehicle for the contract fee, fuel and any additional service charges that may be incurred, as well as the responsibility amount, where applicable. A refundable deposit of R5, 000 is required for all weekend rentals, which will be used as security for any charges that may be levied on the winner.
The vehicle may only be driven in South Africa. No additional drivers will be permitted on weekend rentals countrywide. Weekend rentals start on Thursday midday and end on Monday midday. The car rental is subject to availability and may not be redeemed during peak periods, including long weekends and school holidays. Avis does not accept any responsibility if the winner is unable to book his / her preferred dates. The car rental is subject to Avis’ standard terms and conditions. The winner is deemed to be aware of and accepts all said terms and conditions.
The winners and their partners will be required to make their own way to and from the selected hotel with the car rental provided. The accommodation and car rental must be redeemed as a package and may not be redeemed separately on their own. Any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited and no change, credit or cash will be awarded in lieu of any unused portion of the prize. The prize is valid for 6 (six) months.
8. There is 1 (one) ways in which participants can partake in the Competition:
• Participants purchase from any of The Pro Shop store across the country between 27 August 2016 and 4 September 2016.
9. The winner will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 15 September 2016. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meet the specified participation requirements.
10. The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identity. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winners, as the case may be thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the Competition without liability to the Promoter, the relevant carrier airline, the selected hotel or such third parties. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winner, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach the winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details and process for redeeming the prize.
15. The prize is strictly not transferable and may only be awarded to the persons named as the winners. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. No change, credit or cash will be awarded on any unused portion of the prize. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate and, where applicable, other restrictions may apply. The Promoter, the selected hotel and the relevant carrier airline are not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable
16. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the Competition misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the Competition.
17. The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.