AVIS CAR SALES FACEBOOK COMPETITION
1. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited trading as Avis Car Sales (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available for downloading in printed form on the Avis website at www.avis.co.za and Avis Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica from 1 March 2015 until the Competition closes.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 1 March 2015 and ends on 29 March 2015 at 17h00 (both days inclusive)
6. There are 4 (four) prizes to be won in total, each consisting of a red Tosca Ultralight Luggage Set. There are 3 (three) bags per set, each comprising of a large (holiday bag), medium (weekender bag) and small (overnight bag) bag. Each set is valued at R 2 072,00.
7. The winners will be announced weekly on the Avis Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica and such announcements will take place every Monday commencing on 9 March 2015 until 30 March 2015.
8. To be eligible for participation in the Competition, participants must:
i. Be a fan or follower of Avis South Africa on the Avis Facebook page or on Twitter; and
ii. Indicate via the posts provided on either the Avis Facebook page or Twitter which Avis Car Sales car they would like to own by browsing the Avis Car Sales website at www.aviscarsales.co.za. Only participants that give the correct cars, which Avis Car Sales currently stocks for sale, qualify for entry into the Competition; or
iii. Take a “selfie” with their favourite Avis Car Sales car at one of the Avis Cars Sales branches. For a list of the Avis Car Sales branches, visit the Avis Cars Sales website at http://aviscarsales.co.za/branches/.
Multiple entries are permitted and there is no limitation on the number of entries submitted per week. A participant can only win once throughout the duration of the Competition.
9. The winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by a representative/s of Avis. There will be a total of 4 (four) draws, with 1 (one) winner drawn every Monday commencing on 9 March 2015 until 30 March 2015. Each weeks’ entries will qualify for entry into that particular week’s draw and will not be carried over to the following weeks’ draws. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meets the specified participation requirements.
10. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone and / or Facebook. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identify and thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of its holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing their entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach a winner for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph above 10, the Promoter will provide each winner with a letter of confirmation specifying the details for redeeming the prize.
15. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
16. The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.