AVIS / BRIDAL FAIR SA CAMPAIGN
1. This Competition is organised by Rent a Car Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 14 May 2016 until 31 May 2016 on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies or any subsidiaries of its holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner, or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, including Bridal Fair SA (Pty) Ltd (herein after referred to as “BFSA”) (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 14 May 2016 at 24h00 CAT and ends on 14 May 2016 at 23h59 CAT.
6. There are 2 (two) prizes to be won in total, each consisting of 2 (two) general access tickets to Bridal Fair SA 2016 wedding expo taking place at Montecasino in Johannesburg from 27 May 2016 to 29 May 2016. The tickets are valued at R125 each. The prize specifically excludes all transportation and / or travel arrangements, accommodation, meals and drinks and any other additional costs, which the winners will be liable for.
7. The winners will be announced on the Promoter’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica on 17 May 2016.
8. To participate in the Competition, participants must indicate what their favourite part of a wedding is by responding to the Facebook post that will be posted on the Promoter’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/AvisSouthAfrica on 14 May 2016. Multiple entries are permitted and as such, participants can post different responses.
9. The winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 17 May 2016. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 8 above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prizes will be awarded to the first 2 (two) entries drawn that meet the specified participation requirements.
10. The prize winners will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winners may be required to provide a copy of their identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying their identify. Personal information will be taken, where necessary, from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Competition and all participants and winners, as the case may be, thereby consent to the processing of their personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the participants’ and prize winners’ personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their subsidiaries, holding companies and any subsidiaries of their holding companies (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter will endeavor to contact each prize winner once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after drawing his / her entry. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person for whatsoever reason during the period, the prize will be forfeited and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph 10, the Promoter will provide the prize winners with a unique booking code in order to book the tickets online via iTickets at www.itickets.co.za on their preferred date.
15. The prize is strictly non-transferable and may only be awarded to the person named as the winner. No substitution, cash redemption, credit alternative or assignment of the prize is permitted. The prize cannot be sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. The Promoter and BFSA are not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason if the specified prize becomes unavailable.
16. The Promoter is in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to the promotion misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
17. The Promoter may require the winners to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winners are announced. The winners will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
18. Promotional materials form part of the Competition rules.
19. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.