Avis and British Airways 2015 Promo
AVIS / BRITISH AIRWAYS CAMPAIGN
- This Competition is organized by Avis Rent-a-Car South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
- By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
- A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 1 October 2015 until 30 November 2015 on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za
- The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, including British Airways (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the supplier;
4.4 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.5 Under the age of 18 years.
- The Competition commences on 1 October 2015 and ends on 30 November 2015 (both days inclusive).
- There is 1 (one) prize to be won, consisting of the following:
- 2 (Two) return flights on British Airways
- To any destination in South Africa that British Airways flies to in South Africa for the winner and a partner sponsored by British Airways.
- Flight bookings are subject to X class availability.
- There are limited X class seats available on peak flights, weekends school and public holidays.
- Tickets are not transferable, may not be sold for cash or traded and is valid from 11 December 2015 – 31 December 2016. Please note that travel needs to be completed by the expiry date.
- The validity period may not be extended.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The original letter must be presented at check-in.
- Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced. British Airways (operated by Comair) Conditions of Carriage will apply
- Car Rental from Avis Rent a Car for the duration of the trip
- The prize includes time, mileage and waivers
- The prize includes free 200kms per day, additional kilometres travelled will be charged at R 2.93 per kilometre
- The Winner must be over 18 years of age and be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
- The Winner must have a valid credit card which must be presented at time of collection of the vehicle for any additional service charges that may be incurred.
- This includes the responsibility amount in the event of an accident or the vehicle being stolen.
- The rental excludes the contract fee, fuel and any other additional charges that may be applicable.
- All requests are subject to availability.
- The prize is not transferable.
- A deposit of R5000 applies to all weekend rentals.
- Only one additional driver may be allowed for customers producing a valid boarding pass. The additional driver must be a direct family member, ie spouse, child, parent.
- Car rental conditional to vehicle availability and regrettably excludes peak periods such as Easter and December festive holidays.
- Accommodation sponsored by Avios Group Limited
- By taking part in this promotion, all Eligible participants confirm that they accept these Terms and Conditions
- The Prize is as follows:
- 75 000 Avios that can be used on accommodation at selected hotels in Cape Town Port Elizabeth, Durban and East London
- Hotels will be from a selected range of four or five star hotels in the region, to be confirmed at time of booking. A hotel “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the hotel. The prize includes the cost of the room for the duration of the stay and applicable meals where stated.
- Spending money and travel insurance is not included. It is recommended that travel insurance is taken out before any travel. It is the winner’s responsibility to supply valid passports and where necessary visas for all members of the travelling party.
- Prizes are strictly non-transferable and may be used only by the persons named as the winners. Once booked, no changes can be made to hotels. This prize is void and cannot be sold for cash or other consideration, or auctioned on the internet.
- The prizes cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or certificate. Other restrictions may apply. No cash or credit alternative will be offered for any prize. No change or credit will be given on any unused portion of this prize. The Promoter reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of a similar value if the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reasons beyond its control.
- The Promoter is no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction of the information relating to this promotion misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, strike, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the Promoter’s control.
- Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the competition without liability to the Promoter or such third parties.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. This prize draw is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Promoter is Avios Group (AGL) Limited, Astral Towers, Betts Way, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9XY. Registered in England (registered number 2260073 and vat number 512566754).
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition, a participant must book a domestic flight with British Airways, rent and return a vehicle with Avis rent a car in South Africa during the promotional period between 1 October 2015 and 30 November 2015 (both days inclusive) and use the British Airways Credit Card to pay for flights and car rental. Both the flight and the car rental must take place during the stipulated promotional period and must be booked on avis.co.za/britishairways.
- The winner will be announced on the Promoter’s website at www.avis.co.za as well as on the promoters Facebook and Twitter pages. Such announcements shall commence from 11 December 2015 to 15 December 2015 (both days inclusive).
- The winners will be determined by way of a random draw to be conducted by representative/s of the Promoter to take place on 11 December 2015. All entries meeting the participation requirements as specified in paragraph 7 above will be eligible for entry into the draw. The prize will be awarded to the first entry drawn that meets the specified participation requirements.
- The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identify and thereby consent to the processing of his / her personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
- A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, a supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition, a marketing service provider of this Competition, their holding companies and subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
- If the Promoter is unable to reach any person by 11 January 2016 for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
- Following notification by the Promoter in accordance with paragraph above 10, the winner must contact Mmabatho Sikhuba on (011) 387 8319 or Mmabatho.email@example.com in order to claim the prize, where after the winner will be provided with a letter of confirmation outlining the process for redeeming the prize.
- The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
- The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.