Avis and Argus 2014 Promo
1. This Competition is organised by Avis Rent-a-Car South Africa, a Division of Barloworld South Africa (Proprietary) Limited t/a Avis Rent a Car (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. A copy of the Competition rules will be available from 14 February 2014 on www.avis.co.za.
4. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
4.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
4.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.1 above;
4.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
4.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 4.3 above;
4.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
4.6 Under the age of 18 years.
5. The Competition commences on 14 February 2014 and ends on 4 March 2014(both days inclusive).
6. The prize in the Competition include:
6.1 A flight for one person to Cape Town International; accommodation for two nights 8 March and 9 March 2014 (Breakfasts and Dinner included). Transfers from the Airport to the Hotel included.
6.2 On the 9 March, the winner will be transferred to The Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour starting point and will be chauffeured on the Avis Chauffeur Ride during the race.
6.3 The winner is required to send tweets and take photos while riding, tagging the photos with #AvisArgus.
6.4 While in transit, the winner is required to uphold the Avis brand. The winner is not to use inappropriate language i.e. swearing or the use of derogatory words.
7. The winner will be announced on www.avis.co.za, Avis South Africa Facebook and Avis South Africa Twitter pages and such announcement shall commence from 5 March 2014 to 6 March 2014 (both days inclusive).
8. To participate in the Competition, participants must:
8.1 Book an Avis Point 2 Point or Avis Chauffeur Drive from now until the 28 February (date inclusive) and receive an automatic entry.
8.2 Share your ultimate Chauffeur Drive destination with Avis via the Avis South Africa Facebook, Twitter or website (microsite address)
9. The winner will be determined by way of a random draw to take place on 5 March 2014.
10. The prize winner will be notified via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identify and thereby consents to the processing of his / her personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies and subsidiaries (including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person by the 6 March 2014 for whatsoever reason, a replacement winner will be selected such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. The Promoter will confirm the prize in writing by the 6 March 2014 and will make the necessary arrangements with the winner.
15. The prize is not transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
16. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.